K-Town Vegans Message Board › A Poll for the New Year

A Poll for the New Year

Kevin M.
user 9586584
Group Organizer
Knoxville, TN
Hi again,
Please take a few minutes over the next week or so to respond to these questions. If everyone responds, it should give me a very good picture of where we want to be heading in the New Year.
thanks,
Kevin

K-TOWN VEGANS AT THE CUSP OF 2010:

1) We have had a couple of meals at restaurants and one holiday potluck gathering. Both types of gatherings have been fun, informative, and yummy. Do you have a preference?

2) At our last potluck Janice suggested the possibility that we get together and cook together around a theme and then eat together. Would this be of interest to you?

3) Which restaurants do you prefer?

4) What days/nights work best for you? What time of days?

5) Do you have other suggestions, ideas, or questions? How could this group better serve you?
Janice C.
happyvegan
Louisville, TN
Post #: 1
1. Alternating between potlucks and restaurants gives variety and exposes us to new restaurants and new recipes.

When a pertinent speaker, movie or documentary is in town or even on TV, we could gather to watch together, perhaps along with a potluck.

2. I wonder whether people would like to cook a meal together or cook together "in bulk" so also take food home. May depend on the menu.

3. I would like to support Veg-a-rama and any restaurant willing to offer us a vegan meal, preferably no/low oils. Finding new restaurants is part of the fun.

4. 6pm, Sunday nights, works best for us 6pm any other night also works

5. To trade information and share resources -- recipes, CD's, books, movies, websites, cooking hints, co-ops, restaurants, grocery products, TV and web documentaries. To keep the focus on having a good time.

Diane B.
user 10112358
Powell, TN
Post #: 2
1. I like restaurants and potlucks both. Alternating sounds good. I personally can be lazy and more likely to show up at a restaurant, but I'm trying to improve.

2. I'll try it. Sounds fun.

3. Veg-O-Rama, Tomato Head, Nama, Falafel Hut, Sitar, PF Chang, T Ho, Brixx Pizza, King Tut's

4. Any night except Wednesday. Any time after 4pm. I'd like to be home by 8:30 or so. Weekends are usually good, but sometimes I work.

5. Not that I can think of. Thanks for your effort, Kevin.
Charlotte M.
charmorr
Knoxville, TN
Post #: 1
1. I like a mix of both potlucks and restaurants.

2. Would be willing to try cooking together.

3. Our favorites are Veg-O-Rama, Sitar, Taste of Thai, Stir Fry Cafe, Tomato Head, and Falafel Hut. We've been to
Raj once and liked it, too. I've read that you can get vegan(cheeseless) pizza at Brixx, if so, I'd like to try that. Bistro at the Bijou sometimes has vegan choices but is pricey. I'm not too optimistic about most area restaurant being willing to cater to our small group but would love to be pleasantly shocked!

4. Weekends and weekday evenings after 6 pm.

5. No, but thanks, Kevin, for starting this group and keeping it going.