align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The San Francisco Korean Language, Culture and More Group Message Board › Crazy 4 Korean Cultures, Many Questions need Answers!

Crazy 4 Korean Cultures, Many Questions need Answers!

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi,

I have been searching in Google but could not find answers. I need Koreans who has been living and working in Korea in the past five years. I am looking for a job in Korea and want to learn as much as I can. I don't have any Korean friends and I'm hunting/fishing for a Korean friends of all ages. I would appreciate if Korean natives can educate me.

1. Does it cost more to live in Seoul than suburbs or other cities?
2. Is car more expensive in Korea? I own a Kia Soul. Should I take my car from the US to Korea (let say that employer is paying for the shipping?
3. The only thing I found is: Driving in Korea is dangerous.
4. What the minimum salary take to live in Korea? For example, $40,000. Government job does not pay.
5. What should I know about Korean customs, manners?
6. How is the healthcare cost? Is there health insurance?
7. Is korea better than the US? If so, why are many koreans choose to live in the US?
8. Can a foreigner live in Korea for live? I would like to live and retire in Korea in the future. I love what I saw in the TV shows and from searching the Internet.

Thank you very much,