The Baltimore Korean Language & Culture Meetup Message Board › Baltimore Korean group saved - plus dance event in DC, Korean snow storm

Baltimore Korean group saved - plus dance event in DC, Korean snow storm

user 11131719
Rockville, MD
Hello, Annyong,

Say hay boke mani padusayo - Happy New Year! After seeing that this group was going to go away and waiting a week, I stepped in and signed in as organizer (using a new account). I currently organize other groups in another account, including Korean groups, but you can only organize 3 groups from one account).

If someone more local to Baltimore was going to step up & organize, let me know and I'll work out the transition of the group. I was in Baltimore yesterday but don't get in the area too much these days. And if someone wants to lead an event, also let me know.

FYI - Seoul & the rest of South Korea just had the worst snow storm in 70 years - here is one article with nice photos: Seoul Buried In Heaviest Snowfall (but it's only 10 inches!)

And there is an Invitation-only Event next week: Korean American Day "Sounds of Korea" (Dance). The RSVP deadline is January 7th, to allow for ticket mailing (see below).

About the event:

WHAT: Korean American Day Event. "Sounds of Korea"
Performance by the Washington Korean Dance Company

WHERE: National Museum of American History
Constitution Avenue Northwest & 14th St NW
Washington, DC 20560

WHEN: January 13th 2010

Sponsored by:
* Smithsonian Institution Asia Cultural History Program,
* National Museum of Natural History and Office of Policy and Analysis
* Korus House, Embassy of the Republic of Korea
* Korean Heritage Foundation

Note: This event is set up under the "­Fun Korean Group" events page, so that your address information doesn't get collected on both groups, and to help people know who's going. I'm currently the organizer of both groups.

1: ­Join the Fun Korean Meetup Group if not already a member... hundreds of members are already in the group (same community of Korean-culture-language people). Then RSVP for the ­event.

These are no-cost tickets but it is also expected that you will attend if you RSVP "Yes" and provide your details. This event is by invitation only, and we have arranged to get these tickets to members of this meetup. RSVP Deadline is January 7th, 2010.

2: When you RSVP, you will get to answer 3 questions that will NOT be posted publicly by meetup, and this information will be used to get your tickets to you (shared with the Korean Dance Company).

3: You can bring a friend - if so, ask for 2 tickets, etc.

4: Provide the following information:

• Your name (first and last)
  • Your email address
  • Your mailing address (where the tickets will be sent)

Contact me with any questions.