I just want to thank everyone who's RSVP'd so far and for joining the group. I thought it would be a lot harder to get almost 2 handfuls of people to show up. Now we've got to figure out where to meet. But where are we going to meet?
If you guys want to push the meeting time closer to a late lunch (1:30pm, after the church crowd leaves) and can propose a restaurant where we might be able to conduct a meeting, I think a meal would be a great way to start a conversation. Please keep in mind places where average meal is around $10. I'll make a call Thursday or Friday of this week and see if we can make sure we have a room or area set aside if the restaurant tends to be noisy.
There are some things that must be talked about, so I'm putting together an agenda. This won't really be a formal parliamentary procedure thing, but just a checklist of items to make sure everyone gets to talk about things important to them.
Meeting Agenda (please reply with amendments):
- Activism: Do we want to engage with the community at large? How?
- Advertising: Do we want to combine this with Activism? Do we want to be controversial? How much controversy?
- Education: How many people would want a formal presentation/talk/discussion? How often (monthly, alt-monthly, etc)?
- Organization: If/as we grow, we may need a more formalized organization. Discuss methods of organizing.
- Social: Should we start a monthly/bi-monthly/weekly bar night?
- Service: Would be a great way to pick up members to actually do something in the community other than talk.
Replies go to the group for this message, you can reply to me separately at [address removed]