addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Internship available.

From: user 6.
Sent on: Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:07 PM

Hi everyone of the Lancaster County meet-up group,

 

I spoke with Brian before sending out this message and was ok’d to send out a notice to the group.

 

I am accepting internship applications for my home based studio.  What I am offering is an opportunity to learn everything about running a studio from the inside. This is a great opportunity to learn what it takes. From simple organization, paperwork, talking with clients, assisting on sessions and events to eventually creating portraits yourself using the knowledge I would fully share about what I know using studio lighting, handling your subjects and posing them.  We will also cover post processing (photoshop, touching up your subjects, enhancing etc.). 

 

I am not a master at marketing, lighting or photoshop but have managed to build a photography business which has allowed me to live solely on my passion. I knew I had to find a way to work for myself when I was 12 years old and got fired from my paper route!  I am looking for someone who feels the same way.

 

 I am at a point where not only am I in need of someone but am ready to share everything I know with the right person. This position is a non monetary position and is paid with priceless knowledge.  For your dedicated internship, in return, you get a super helpful and willing teacher, with no arrogance or superiority complex.  After a year of internship you may be offered a paying position with me. I am tired of turning away events that have been booked already. With the right person

 

I have friends throughout the country who take on interns and they all say that not only is it rewarding as an experience for the teacher but the teacher also learns from the student. I am excited to be able and ready to offer this, again, to the right person.

 

There is boring stuff to learn (organization, paperwork, financial stuff, advertising) which takes up half of a studio’s time. There is learning post processing and album design which takes up about 25% of my time (maybe more) and believe it or not the least amount of time in a studio, at least mine, is spent actually creating portraits. I am focused on less clients, better service and higher profit margins.

 

75% of my business comes from events and the other 25% comes from in-studio portraits. My 2-3 year goal is change it to about 50/50.

 

My website is www.joshbarry.com. Please check it out and if you like my style and would like to learn what I do please go to my blog post below to fill out my application form. Don’t worry though you don’t need to fill out a job history…I hated filling those out.

 

For more information and to apply please go to http://blog.joshbarry.com/photographybusiness-internship-available-harrisburg-pa

 

Thanks for reading everyone. See you at the next meet-up!

 

 

 

Grins,

 

Josh Barry Photography Inc

www.JoshBarry.com

[masked]

[address removed]

 

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy