addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

LanSmash Message Board › Games for SpringSmash 2012...

Games for SpringSmash 2012...

JB H.
ZeroBlade
Group Organizer
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 13
Sensator wrote:

So I dunno about you but I'm getting pretty bored of playing nothing but TF2 at LanSmash. In order to spice it up a bit I'm gonna be trying to get some other games going.

King Arthur's Gold

What is it?
It's a 2D Free build 'n' Kill game, as described on their website. Basically it's like Minecraft or Terraria, except your objective is to make your way to the opposing team's base and steal their motherfucking goldz, using the lands resources to craft arrows if you're an archer, or getting stone to make bridges and stuff if you're a builder. It's super fast paced, has multiple classes and can fit up to 60 people at any one point in time. It is the new Soldat and it is pretty freaking sweet once you get the hang of it.

What do I need to do?
Nothing, it's free. I will host dedicated server at LanSmash and put the IP as well as the client under \\techdrive\uploadz

Supreme Commander 2

What is it?
A super easy massive RTS where you gather metal out of nodes on the map, and produce energy from structures, then build a giant fuck off army with giant dinosaurs and robots and nuke the crap out of each other. Some people complain it's not as good as the first, but for what it lacks from the original it gains in its accessibility and ease of learning for new players.

What do I need to do?
It's not free, it's $15 on Steam in fact. It regularly goes on sale however and you can usually pick it up for under $5, so if you don't wish to buy it for full price then don't worry about it. For those that have it already or wish to play it at the LAN, it is fully integrated with steamworks so it's pretty easy to get a game going.

Munchkin

What is it?
That video isn't related to Munchkin, however the rage is relevant to when you obtain level 9. about to win, and people drop several wandering monsters on top of your level 1 crab. It's a physical card game that gained a lot of popularity last LAN and will be continued this LAN (I hope).

What do I need?
Nothing, either I, Franger or Plastic will provide all we need to get our Munchkin on. Preferably you want some sort of smartphone to keep track of our total level and to do the EVER SO HARD MATHEMATICS, but I've got poker chips and Franger's got die to keep track of your levels.

I'll also be willing to play some Sins of a Solar Empire if anyone is interested in that :)

There are several hundreds of other games that we could possible play, as long as it's accessible so that people can play with ease I'm sure we can get some games going.

Let's move out of this TF2 stalemate!
Sean O.
user 22112391
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 1
I've managed to get Worm World Party working on most Win7 pc's in a couple of LS's past, maybe we could have more of a showing, since it supports 8 player games.

Another game that never got touched, that I enjoyed when it came out, was Brink, I don't know how many people have it, but I thought it was a decently fun game.
JB H.
ZeroBlade
Group Organizer
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 14
Ya Brink never ever really worked :(

Supreme Commander 1 has been re-released on Steam! I reckon it's time for SupCom1 to shine!
JB H.
ZeroBlade
Group Organizer
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 26
final calls guys - going to make this live soon!
A former member
I figure this is as good a spot as any to toss out a list of games I have access to right now.

Stuff I've actually played, installed, and have some idea about:
  • TF2
  • L4D2
  • Tribes: Ascend
  • Magicka
  • Civ 5
  • Dota 2 (completely hopeless, only played 2 matches, but enjoy it nonetheless)
  • Frozen Synapse
  • CS: GO
  • Plain Sight

Stuff I have yet to actually try, but own because I have no impulse control:
  • ARMA II (trying to get Day Z up and running)
  • Hammerfight
  • Jamestown
  • Multiwinia
  • Orcs Must Die
  • RUSE
  • Sanctum
  • Trine (1 and 2)

So! What else are people coming prepared with?
scott
user 55980702
Brisbane, AU
+1 for King Arthur's Gold, sounds very very promising ;)
I love the idea of Free / opensource games at lans.

Obviously there will be some GS:G action ;)
Blair M.
scythah
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 2
We should play some The Hidden http://www.hidden-sou...­

It looks like fun. http://www.youtube.co...­
Sensator
user 14265217
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 8
Defs up to try The Hidden.

I like this clip better :D