TERMS AND DISCLAIMER
TERMS AND DISCLAIMER
The purpose of this group is to arrange informal walking 'meetups' on a regular basis. The group does not have insurance and any person participating in any such 'meetup' (whether they have officially signed-up on this website or not) does so entirely at their own risk.
It is not the responsibility of this group's organisers (or the 'event hosts' of any walk arranged via this Meetup group) to check and ensure the suitability of individuals to complete any particular walk.
It is the responsibility of any person participating in any walk or other event arranged via this group's webpages to ensure that they are in a fit medical state to complete the walk and also that they are suitably prepared and have the correct kit, including walking footwear, for the conditions - both terrain and weather.
By signing up to and attending a group walk:
1) You acknowledge that the organisers (including 'event hosts') of this group do not necessarily hold any formal qualifications in relation to walking leadership, or medical qualifications or training.
2) You agree and acknowledge that this group has no legal duty of care to its members and 'guests' and that its Organisers (including 'event hosts') accept no liability for any accident occurring from, or for any injuries arising out of, participation in this group's activities and that you remain responsible for your own safety at all times.
3) You acknowledge that it is your duty to either turn up on the day OR to change your RSVP/let the walk leader know before the walk if you have a genuine last minute reason for non-attendance, and that the Organisers reserve the right to ban regular 'no-shows' (people who have not turned up without changing their RSVPs at least 3 times) from the group.
4) You agree to attend all walks suitably prepared for the terrain and weather conditions and accept that the event host, walk leader or group organisers may, at their discretion, not admit you to join the walk or other event if in their opinion you are ill-equipped for the terrain and weather conditions.
5) You agree to keep to the pace of the group, accepting that the walk leader has to consider the pace of the slowest walker on any given day, and don't go off ahead without the leader's agreement even if you think you know the route. You agree that you will wait for the leader and all of the group at any point along a given walk route as requested by the leader.
6) You agree that if you are struggling with the pace or have health or other issues at any point during a walk you will ensure the walk leader is made aware immediately.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|Terms and Disclaimer||August 18, 2014 8:01 PM||anonymous|
|About The Leeds Walking Meetup Group||March 1, 2012 11:37 AM||anonymous|