This month's featured presenter is:
Joel Green is a free-lance, free-range game developer and audio designer. He currently lives in the woods on Vancouver Island where he is attempting to merge a technology career with a rural lifestyle. Past credits include audio and systems design for Mass Effect 2 and 3, Dragon Age 2 and 3, and Need For Speed: Undercover.
Game'n'Farmer: Why do I have to live in a city to make games?
Thanks to small teams, remote collaboration, and widespread internet access, Indie developers have a unique opportunity to live and work wherever they want. This short talk relays the benefits and challenges of making games outside of cities, approaching the work/life balance issue from a unique perspective.
We have a private room with a projector and a ton of space. Show off your current projects; do some play-testing; or just relax and enjoy the awesome local food and craft-brewed beer.
The meetup will kick off with presentations and then transition into free-form networking.
- 4:30pm: Doors open (room is locked earlier)
- 5:10pm: Opening announcements by group organizers
- 5:15pm: Featured presentation
- 5:45pm: Open stage for show-and-tell, networking and socializing
- 7:30pm: Venue closes (We are free to move to the main bar if we wish)