The Libertarian Party of Pittsburgh Meetup Group Message Board › Re: Get Out the Vote for PA Project

Re: Get Out the Vote for PA Project

DaveP
user 4312723
Pittsburgh, PA
Hi all - I recently attended a meeting where a representative of the American Majority organization offered funding to form a local coalition of Liberty activists to pursue a Get Out The Vote effort in PA in the upcoming general elections.

There were several other groups from the tri-county area there, Tea Party, 9-12, Veterans and Patriots United and some others (no offense, just can't recall at the moment).

What American Majority wants to do is to fund an office, supplies/copies/phones,etc, and full-time staffer through the general election for the Get Out The Vote effort.

We have a conference call scheduled for tomorrow to evaluate how interested local activists are and deciding to go ahead or not.

So, if you are interested in gaining experience working and networking in a actual well-funded environment (what's that?) with at least a few professional campaign folks while furthering the conservative* effort this is a great opportunity.

Please email me if you are interested, listing skills/resources and what are good time slots for you to volunteer.

Thanks!
-Dave P

*This org will be able to legally advocate for candidates (who, not surprisingly will be mostly GOP but not exclusively) but is envisioned as mostly a non-partisan GOTV effort...we've been told that we can proceed pretty much how we as locals think we should. Please feel free to email any questions to me.