This group is for people who want to talk about the big issues that affect our lives. It is for people who want to take steps, no matter how small, to do something about the issues that concern us.
How can we live ethically in a society that promotes 'Rich Lists', yet forgets about the poor people in our neighbourhoods ? How can we live sustainable in a world where consumerism is closer to peoples hearts than compassion ?
Bring to the group what moves you, be it with enthusiasm or anger, sadness, wonder or joy ! There's too much smalltalk around, let's be the change we want to happen.
Ground rules and information:
- Please refrain from using your mobile phone during the time of the meeting.
- Please be on time.
- We respect each other and listen to each other, trying not to have more than one conversation around the table at once.
- Some of the topics might trigger things for people. Please be mindful of this.
- This group is open i.e. it is not focused on one particular belief system, perspective, view, etc.
- This group is not a forum for people to push personal agendas, such as trying to recruit members into a religious group, trying to market products, etc.
- If you say yes to attending, please turn up. One "did not arrive" is OK. If it happens more than once, you will be removed from this group.
- If you need to cancel your spot, please do it in plenty of time so that someone else can take your place. A day before the meeting if possible ! Not everyone lives close enough to get to the meeting at short notice.
- Each meeting is complete in itself i.e. this is not a series.
- If you would like to suggest a topic for a future meet up, please do so. Suggestions are very welcome.
It's no small matter, how we ought to live.
Zookeeper's Son, The
715 Mt Albert Road, Auckland
It seems some people find direct verbal communication sometimes uncomfortable. Having difficult discussions with close friends, family or your partner is sometimes near...
January 22 · 6:00 PM
Discussion. Living more skillfully.
What can we do to live more skillfully?
Living with less stress, anger, anxiety, fear and boredom.
Living with more happiness, love and contentment.
This goal may seem... Learn more
December 1, 2014 · 7:00 PM
Love - What Is It?
The Triangular Theory of Love classifies Love into 3 components: Passion (sex, lust attraction), Commitment (loyality, trust and planning) and Intimacy/aka Emotional... Learn more
November 6, 2014 · 6:00 PM
At every waking moment we are in relationship. This relationship is between 'self' and 'other than self.' We could be alone on a deserted beach, in a crowded mall, at a... Learn more
October 22, 2014 · 7:00 PM
Does Freedom Really Ever Exist in Our Lives?
Living in a society that shapes us, and has expectations from us, from the day we are born, and perhaps before, leaves an impression. What is yours? Can we really Be... Learn more
October 2, 2014 · 6:00 PM
To what extent are we responsible for our experience of the world?
Questions for discussion:
1. To what degree do we participate in the generation of fashions, cultural beliefs and practices?
2. Most of us, at any one time, will be... Learn more
See all past Meetups