This group is for people who want to talk about the big issues that affect our lives. It is for people who want to take steps, no matter how small, to do something about the issues that concern us.
How can we live ethically in a society that promotes 'Rich Lists', yet forgets about the poor people in our neighbourhoods ? How can we live sustainable in a world where consumerism is closer to peoples hearts than compassion ?
Bring to the group what moves you, be it with enthusiasm or anger, sadness, wonder or joy ! There's too much smalltalk around, let's be the change we want to happen.
Ground rules and information:
- Please refrain from using your mobile phone during the time of the meeting.
- Please be on time.
- We respect each other and listen to each other, trying not to have more than one conversation around the table at once.
- Some of the topics might trigger things for people. Please be mindful of this.
- This group is open i.e. it is not focused on one particular belief system, perspective, view, etc.
- This group is not a forum for people to push personal agendas, such as trying to recruit members into a religious group, trying to market products, etc.
- If you say yes to attending, please turn up. One "did not arrive" is OK. If it happens more than once, you will be removed from this group.
- If you need to cancel your spot, please do it in plenty of time so that someone else can take your place. A day before the meeting if possible ! Not everyone lives close enough to get to the meeting at short notice.
- Each meeting is complete in itself i.e. this is not a series.
- If you would like to suggest a topic for a future meet up, please do so. Suggestions are very welcome.
It's no small matter, how we ought to live.
Little Turkish Cafe
217 Karangahape Road,, Auckland
BYO evening continued.
Life, the Universe and Everything is about: human nature, psychology, philosophy, relationship/s, science and spirituality. Keeping this in mind...
Louis S. (Co-Organizer)
2 days ago · 6:15 PM
Bring your own contribution for discussion.
Life, the Universe and Everything is about life, human nature, relationship/s, psychology, philosophy, the arts, science and... Learn more
October 13 · 6:15 PM
'Seriously, it ain't that serious!'
Life often seems so serious. Does it have to be?
We can see life as a desperate struggle or a fun and creative activity. Where do you fit between these extremes.Do you... Learn more
September 29 · 6:15 PM
A good year to be born.
If you could choose your year of birth, (up to 30 years earlier or later than your actual birthyear), what year would you choose?
Factors to consider:
SocialHealth (... Learn more
September 15 · 6:15 PM
FOOD for thought
FOOD for thought.
Let's discuss various aspects of food.
The ethics of sourcing our food.Vegetarian, vegan etc. Health: Sugar vs. fat? or sugar and fat?The looming... Learn more
September 1 · 6:15 PM
Setting limitsSetting limits in all areas of our lives, including work, relationships, health, and finances can prevent stress, indecision, ill feeling and conflict.Not... Learn more
See all past Meetups