What is a lighning talk?
It's a dense 5-7 minute presentation on a very specific topic ("Why I use X as my IDE", "CSS structure that scales well", "Using X library to do Y"). Nothing long-winded, short and to the point.
If you are interested in presenting a ligtning talk, email [masked] with your proposed topic.
Current topics: (fluid, check back for latest speaker lignup)
- Agni: Simple, Async, Prioritized Messaging (Rick, Apartment List)
- iOS RestKit usage (Glib, Apartment List)
- Writing valuable commit messages (Jake, Apartment List)
- iOS debugging with Python LLDB API (Theo, thoughtbot)
- iOS unit testing with Cedar (Jeff, Pivotal Labs)
- Autolayout in iOS (Rohan, Apartment List)
- Accessibility and VoiceOver Gestures (Diana, thoughtbot)
- iOS authentication using Rails (Andy, Apartment List)
- Writing up better bugs (Marlena, Pivotal Labs)
- 6:30 Sliders, beer, socialize
- 7:00 Lightning talks start
- 8:00 More beer and mingling