Hi NY GNU/Linux Meetup
We are looking for a couple additional software engineers to join our team.
Description details and our little puzzle below. Look forward to hearing from you.
Aviv Wecler, Yodle
A strong, agile software development team free of PHB types and distractions where you can concentrate on using your superb development skills to create an end-to-end advertising platform that
enables local business to get new business from the internet and track and measure the return on investment.
• Our software engineers are passionate about technology and programming, they're smart, no-nonsense developers who move quickly and get things done. The team uses an agile development process, performs code reviews, runs automated unit tests, and has a distinct
QA team. Our engineers work in an open, collaborative, team oriented environment.
• Our engineers work on everything from user-interface, backend, content management to messaging, database systems and web services. Regardless of which components you touch, we'll want you to be involved in design, coding, testing and running the systems.
• Our engineers solve a variety of complex and challenging business problems with cutting edge technology.
• We are constantly innovating! We look at ways to improve our core products, seek out products in the market that can be built better and we have an Innovation Department that addresses the future needs of our industry - our engineers are building the software
to meet those needs.
• Engineers have a high degree of flexibility in choosing which of the many ongoing projects they work on. We have shared ownership of our code base. Anyone can and is expected to work on and improve any piece of code. There are no silos!
• 1 to 7+ years of experience (willing to hire various levels)
• Excellent coding and design skills. Software that works, is reliable, testable and maintainable should be what you do by default.
• You enjoy writing software and take pride in what you build.
• Having programmed in Java will help you get going faster, but your primary languages aren’t as important as being a great programmer.
• SQL proficiency, particularly with PostgreSQL is a plus
• Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
• BA/BS or above from a top Computer Science program
• You should be able to work daily in our office in New York City
• Competitive base
• Health/Dental benefits, 401 (K) plan
• Great work environment - we have fun!
• Accessible and open-minded leadership
• Opportunity to work with smart people and learn a lot about one of the fastest growing industries
solve the problem below:
By starting at the top of the triangle and moving to adjacent numbers on the row below, the maximum total from top to bottom is 27.
4 6 8
0 7 1 5
I.e. 5 + 9 + 6 + 7 = 27.
Write a program in a language of your choice to find the maximum total from top to bottom in triangle.txt, a text file containing a triangle with 100 rows. Send your
solution and resume to [123456 AT yodle dot com], replacing[masked] with the maximum sum for the triangle.
Yodle is a Bessemer ventures funded company in the midst of a major national roll out that will grow our client base dramatically over the next several years. We provide search-engine advertising and online lead generation services to small businesses.
Yodle has developed an integrated approach to signing up and serving local businesses that are transitioning their marketing budgets online. We provide local businesses with a simple way to cost-effectively acquire more customers by advertising on the major
search engines including: Google, Yahoo, AOL, Ask, and MSN.
Local Search is considered the new frontier in paid search marketing, the fastest growing area of both technology and advertising and the key driver of Google, Yahoo, and MSN. Over $100 billion is spent on local advertising in the U.S alone. $3 billion of that
has already transitioned online. A significant opening exists to devise, build, and capitalize on this opportunity within the next 2-4 years.
50 W 23rd St., 4th Floor
New York, NY 10010