London Vegan Meetup Message Board › Vegan Tarts & other similar stalls

Vegan Tarts & other similar stalls

wendy k
user 10301491
London, GB
Post #: 25
I got to Vegan Tarts before the main meet up; the savory tart was gorg... The oatmeal choc bar well better than i could ever do... Some how I missed the Ethiopian stall - the photos made me hungry. So next month I'll look for them.

I go to Venn St Market on Sats in Clapham Common which has Ms. Cupcake and another vegan stall that sells sweet potato hummus (!) and vegan balls.

I just thought I'd throw open a discussion of all the small vegan market stall people so that some of us so inclined could support them.

So, what local markets do you shop at (I go to the markets to get the more interesting veg and support local farmers...I hope) and what interesting stalls have you found? I used to go up to Bermondsey and the secret farmers market around there in the arches on Saturday.

Venn st at Clapham on Saturday and Brixton Farmers market on a Sunday has a Jamaican stall selling Jamaican breads totally vegan made with oil and molasses - very worth checking out...

Feel free to mention a favourite Spitalfields stall.
Hoping this doesnt veer on promotion - I just like to visit markets I havent been to and find something new! And support vegan food makers.
A former member
Post #: 5
I think most people know about Ruby Tuesdays at Greenwich Market, but I very much enjoyed the gingerbread layered cupcake that I bought from there this Saturday! All vegan, and the stallholder was being kept very busy while I was there.
Mia
user 34696442
London, GB
Post #: 16
Gosh I wish there were moe stalls in north London. i go to a farmers market at Ally Pally but the one Veg*n stall they have is really bad. Don't want to name it but the Vegan food they have is exactly like a meat eater would describe veg*n food!
I know there's a few in camden that are great but was wondering if there were any small ones around that I could support too.
x
Richard â“‹ M.
Richardâ“‹Molyneux
London, GB
Post #: 386
Thanks for the info, I've added some of it to the London Markets page on Volentia, check it out for useful links.