addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

London Vegan Meetup Message Board › Shiitake Mushroom Noodles (an anti-wrinkle recipe?)

Shiitake Mushroom Noodles (an anti-wrinkle recipe?)

Christine
user 14227744
London, GB
Post #: 1
very simple and quick to make and, medicinal if not cosmetic!!! (who knows?)

1 tub of fresh shiitake mushrooms from any supermarket, wash them and cut them into pieces. Fry in a some olive oil and grapeseed oil and a nice big splash of soy sauce. After 3mns or so of sizzling, add 1 tub of fresh baby sweetcorn and 4 or 5 roughly chopped leaves from a Chinese white leaf cabbage (also available in any big supermarket). I can't remember if I added a chopped carrot or not.... up to you now.
Prepare on the side some plain instant noodles in a little hot boiling water. Cover until the water has been absorbed into the noodles and they are are soft, give them a little stir now and again and wait some 4mns or so.
Add the noodles into the rest and stir. Taste and according to your taste, you may need to add more olive oil and soy sauce. Finally add a handful of raw chinese leaf and mix. Leave for another minute so this handful of Chinese leaf is warmed but not cooked (it's delicious raw anyway) and it will add some crunch to your noodle dish. Enjoy!
Shiitake mushrooms are famed for having anti-cancer properties.
This is what I found on Wikipedia under 'shiitake mushroom': 'During the Ming Dynasty (AD 1368–1644), physician Wu Juei wrote that the mushroom could be used not only as a food but as a medicinal mushroom, taken as a remedy for upper respiratory diseases, poor blood circulation, liver trouble, exhaustion and weakness, and to boost qi, or life energy.[6] It was also believed to prevent premature aging.'
Maria E.
user 40466322
London, GB
Post #: 1
Hi Christine, thanks very much for this creative healthy recipe and for the interesting information! It sounds very delicioussmile!!!.
Will try it for lunch today...
Kind regards, Maria
Christine
user 14227744
London, GB
Post #: 2
Hey Maria, I'm so pleased you liked the recipe. I hope you enjoyed the taste and that you look 10 years younger now! smile