Love-A-Bull Pit Bull Meetup Message Board › Need some help!!!!

Need some help!!!!

Nikki
user 9456446
Austin, TX
Post #: 4
My 4yr old boy Shiner had either a seizure or stroke today!! Very scary for me but i am so glad my Mom is here!! We have a mini dachshund that suffers from seizures. Anyway, this was the FIRST time something has happened to my boy. I do live out in the country and he loves to get into anything!!! Does anyone know of a plant, insect, lizard or anything that would cause something like this? He was sleeping next to me on our loveseat when i thought he was getting up but noticed he started to tense up. Acted like he was choking my mom noticed his neck had gotten bigger and she quickly got his collar off. He started to drool and eyes where very wide. He slowly started to come to was confuse would growl at me, i scared to death so i know he picked up on my fear. Had called our vet and they said nothing to do right now but to keep an eye on him. When he finally came around he started to pant and wanted to give nothing but kisses to me. The one side of his face did start to droop when this was going on and is right now back to normal. If anyone know of anything or has something like this happen with there pittie, can you please let me know!!!! I am very scared right now since he is my pride and joy and my very first Pit!!! His daddy is scared to and lives down in Cedar Park right now worried sick about him!!! So if anyone one can help us out in figuring what may have happened or know of some not so good Texas stuff i need to watch out for, it would GREATLY easy my ever so speeding mind!!!!!!
Ann V.
CasaDeAngelSpike
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 2
Bufo Toad poisoning presents some of the symptoms you list. But generally if it lives outside in TX it's mean: rattle and coral snakes, many common garden/decorative plants including Sago palm (see http://aggie-horticul...­ for a central TX list), insects (wasps, bees, spiders like brown recluse and black widow).

Other causes of seizures include hypoglycemia/low blood sugar (possible pancreatic tumor)
Leah
user 13586387
Austin, TX
Post #: 6
Ann makes some good points, especially since there are so many critters and plants living in Texas. You might find some resources just by researching or talking to someone at Texas Parks & Wildlife. Just thinking that they might be more aware of these things.