Colorado Libertarians Message Board › Running candidates

Running candidates

Robert L.
Cyberbob8385
Aurora, CO
Post #: 14
Does anyone know the requirements to run candidates for various city or county positions? Such as age limits, how long they have to have been a citizen, etc?

And what about compensation? Which officials get paid and which are volunteer? Or are we paying all of them now?

Still trying to learn all this stuff. It's enough to drive one crazy, figuring it all out.
A former member
Post #: 18
State Rep. Michael Garcia D-Aurora who teaches at UC Boulder is pushing to get the general assembly age limit reduced from 25 to 18 as a basic fairness issue since 25 was just an arbitrary number. "If the voters want someone of that age to represent them at the state capital they should have that option."

Garcia also plans to introduce a bill that would repeal all tax credits for special interest groups and is fighting to restore TABOR as much as possible. He's on the lookout for that mental health tax district election bullshit, championing a bill again that Owens defeated requiring transparancy on state service contracts and database for citizens to see how the state spends money. How Libertarian is this guy?

Anyway, I'll look and find out about City Council and County Commissioner offices for age limits. Keep in mind that if you want to run for office, the rest of us will want to spend more time with you to see where you stand, where you would like to be and we will help you get there.

Start with me, since you haven't made it to many of the lunches, lets get together and strategize...and polish...maybe drop the word 'psychotic' from your caption ... smile
A former member
Post #: 11
I have posted a .pdf document to the files section

http://libertarian.me...­

which may be of some use to you.

Click Here to download the Effective Campaigns in PDF format.