Colorado Libertarians Message Board › Stimulus Package

Stimulus Package

Chris
user 3390748
Denver, CO
Post #: 25
Well I am curious as to what our plan to action is?

It is almost too late, I wrote both of our Senators via email and Left a message on Senator Bennets Senate phone. I didn't mention I was a Libertarian though. Personally, I feel like I am pretty much getting punched in the stomach with this "Spending" bill. I have had NO time to review it in depth and keep getting hung up looking stuff up that is involved.

President Obama keeps dwelling on the fact that the last 8 years have been the wrong direction but he wants to continue heading towards that cliff he mentions by increasing our national debt and adding to our 10 trillion dollar debt.

I would like to hold him accountable to his campaign pledge that he will reduce taxes to those making under 250K per year and came up with a plan to cut taxes by 25% for those making under 250k per year, now if we could just find a Representative willing to put that plan forward, it would cost lest than 500 billion dollars to implement that tax cut directly to the people that he cares so much about.

According to President Obama, tax cuts won't do it alone, so let's throw them a bone and tell them, the 25% tax cut on persons earning under 250k per year PLUS supporting an infrastructure spending bill. He will have the best of both worlds.

From what I was able to review from the bill, it is terrible, most 780 billion dollars of it.
Steven
user 8822764
Boulder, CO
Post #: 4
Well i cant help you out on deciphering our response. all i can say is at 23 i am not looking forward to paying for the different stimulus packages passed and the earmarks/porky stuff that goes into them.

ultimately i can say without looking at it its bad. throwing money at special interest groups and the private sector didnt do anything with the bill passed last fall the one passed earlier this year (i stopped watching the news so if there are more add them to the list) was no better.

ultimately i think the bills are the effective equivalent of fear mongering in order to gain emergency powers to spend money that would never be appropriated without the current situation.

in effect all of the stimulus packages ring similarly of the patriot act. everyone is afraid so government has to look busy. the end result is special interest groups will get what they want and its going to take a few months for the populus to go wait you passed what!?!
A former member
Post #: 101

A former member
Post #: 4
Mykl (et al),

It appears that I had mistakenly engaged in responding to the tea bag proposal on the members list, and was promptly spanked for doing so. Members there seem to only want to know about meet ups, and not discuss online.

That said, there was a response that stated that sending tea bags would likely cause a slow down in the delivery of mail to legislators because of the powdery content, in much the same way as the ricin scare did.

I disagree and find the tea bag (or Tea Party) tactics to be a non-violent revolution.

HT