Colorado Libertarians Message Board › Job and Business ads here?

Job and Business ads here?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey being we're all similarly philosophically inclined, would it be possible to have sections here for posting about our libertarian-owned businesses ( like a Colorado Libertarian-Owned Business Directory? ), or perhaps posting for libertarian help wanted?

For example: http://denver.craigsl...­
Occasional Cleaning: House, Bird Room – Can you clean a gun too?

Melissa
Colorado Process Servers
http://www.coloradopr...­

A former member
Post #: 14
Melissa,

Outstanding idea, and thanks for sharing.

There has been for a few years the Libertarian Yellow Pages which my company paid for advertising in several years ago. If you plug in a keyword and your location, you'll be given contact info or a web link to a Libertarian owned company. Try "electronics" and Longmont or 80501 and you'll see Tiger Tech.

Unfortunately, the two guys who started the Libertarian Yellow Pages stopped maintaining the site about 18 months ago. Checks for the payment of services went uncashed (which was good of them) or that the services that were paid by credit card didn't occur.
When I was finally able to reach one of the principles (both named Mark), I was told that they simply didn't have time for it. They built a great site with a sort of working search engine (kinda buggy), and then dropped the ball.

Our party, especially in Colorado, is chock full of premo web geeks. Quite a few are a loose ends (sans an employer or gig). Perhaps a few good Libertarians could create a working web search engine for Libertarian owned businesses.
I'm not suggesting a charity, but a business. I for one, would pay for adspace and listings. My business can and does afford marketing, but we're really picky. Our business does not have mass appeal and caters to a certain kind of DIY (do it yourselfer). From our experience most of the DIYs we've dealt with are either LP or Libertarian leaning.

It could be possible for the creators of such a site to sell subscriptions, such as Angie's List.

BTW - the Craig's List ad that Melissa points to contains the word 'gun'. The ad will probably be flagged (removed) in short order. This has been my experience on the Denver Craig's List (and certainly the Boulder CL). Mention anything about guns and your ad vanishes. This ad has been up for about 7 hours, which could be a new record. I expect it to be gone by noon.