addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Madison PHP Message Board › Setting up a PHP environment on Windows

Setting up a PHP environment on Windows

A former member
Post #: 1
As discussed at the meeting tonight (10/21/10), setting up a development environment on Windows has nagging issues not present on Mac and Linux desktops. To get around the incompatibilities between Windows and *nix, I'm cooking up a combination of LAMP and a virtual machine. I'm documenting my experience as part of a series of blog posts titled "Avoiding the Mac Tax."

The series is not complete yet. The two posts that are up there are background material. The next in the series will explain the set up of the virtual machine, installing Linux and the remainder of LAMP, making the code accessible in both the virtual machine and Windows, and how to view the results. That's going to be a long article. It may, in fact, be more than one. Hoping to write the next installment this weekend.

Feel free to subscribe to the RSS feed, but I'll post updates here as the articles are written.
A former member
Post #: 2
Update! The next post in the series is up. This is a high level overview of the process and does not get into specifics, but feel free to pepper the comments area with questions.

Virtual environments, installment 1 – Virtual Box

If there's enough interest, perhaps we could do a meetup/install party? I'm pretty sure the process can be completed in an hour. I'll just have to make sure to have a solid script to read from.
Beth Tucker L.
e3betht
Group Organizer
Verona, WI
Post #: 2
I think this would be a great meetup topic.