addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Discounted Permaculture Group Order for Solar Ovens

Discounted Permaculture Group Order for Solar Ovens

Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
It's that time again!

Periodically we put together a discounted group order for solar ovens and the model that we've been going with is from Sun Oven International.  I have been using this one for about 3 years and typically get it up to 375F here in Maine.  It's very durable and portable and I use it quite a bit from May through October for things like rice, soups, stews, etc.  I have roasted a chicken in it also.  Some people do breads and cakes but I haven't tried that yet.  Overall, a great model and a great way to cook in the summer without heating up your kitchen!

Full details about the oven here.

Group order details:

• Price per oven (including shipping directly to your home) is $259** (cash/check) or $264 (credit/debit/paypal).  Normal list price is $299.
  • We need to get 10 ovens ordered minimum to make the order work.
  • We will close this order on June 3rd.
  • If you'd like to get in on this order, please provide your details here (you'll find info about sending a check, etc.) and LisaF will alert you by email when your oven has shipped!

By the way, we can include ovens on our order to be shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states so if you want a Sun Oven to go to someone as a gift (or to yourself if you're not in Maine), go for it!

Here's to fossil-fuel-free cooking!

Cheers,

LisaF

**Yes, this is the same price that Amazon offers, but buying this through the permaculture group puts a couple of bucks toward local permaculture education efforts.

PS:  If you're more of a DIY person, you can certainly make your own oven and skip this group order:)
A former member
Post #: 8
I have one of these for sale if anyone is interested. $200 u pick up in Gardiner. Like new, used only once to try to make something to eat.
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 2,145
Hi Keith, I'm happy to take it if you haven't already committed it somewhere else. There are many days I wish I had more than one going (like turning tomatoes into paste:)