addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
user 2663637
Portland, ME
Post #: 11
Hey all,

I am putting together an academic trip for teenagers in the southwest this summer focused on water, climate change projections, and creative ways that people and communities are building resilience for the future (would love ideas from folks with lived experience in the

In my research and recon, I ran across this incredible family outside of Phoenix who has converted their below-ground pool to a functioning eco-system that was "designed to feed a family of four with organic eggs, milk, fruit, veggies, herbs, and fish 365 days a year while using 90% less water than conventional farming methods."

Check it out:

In a city that has the highest number of pools per capita, and an average rainfall of 8 inches...this is a pretty amazing and inspiring example that I thought I'd share!

Rachel L.
Gray, ME
Post #: 19
This is so great! Thank you for sharing. I appreciate the design and they they anticipated that we where interested enough to share it in the way they did!

Heather, keep the recon finds coming! I love it!