The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Kennebunk area satellite Permie group

Kennebunk area satellite Permie group

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Folks,
I have the sense that there are a fair number of people in my area (Kennebunk/Arundel) that are interested in permaculture, but traveling all the way up to Portland/Gorham/Westbrook to attend Permie Meetup events is a bit of a hike (and is counter to Permacultural principles!). So I am interested in starting up a satellite Permie group down this way, and would like to get a sense of the level of interest out there.

How many of you (people associated with the Portland Permaculture Meetup) could be considered local and would come to Kennebunk area events?

We actually have a series of green/permaculturally relevant workshops that will be starting shortly, through the New School in Kennebunk. They are only $15.00 apiece, and include such topics as building a Cob Oven, green building/retrofits and renovations, green transportation options, and others.

In addition, we'll be showing a movie or two or three - possibly to include Garbage Warrior, End of Suburbia, and/or Power of Community.

If you are interested in any or all of this stuff, please email me, or respond in this thread.

Thanks and regards,
-Ethan Davis
A former member
Post #: 7
Hi All,
I've just started a Permaculture Meetup group down in the Arundel/Kennebunk/K'port area. The meetup is at: http://permaculture.m...­

This Friday we have a meeting at Kennebunk Town Hall at 6:30 to discuss Transition Towns - it is a followup to our first meeting at which Alastair Lough gave a talk on TT.

Thanks and regards,
-Ethan Davis
Arundel