The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › We Are Now Using Categorized Forums

We Are Now Using Categorized Forums

Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 629
Post under one of the new forums here:
http://www.meetup.com...­

We're in a transition to a "forum view" of categorized messages rather than posting everything into one big pool of messages as we have done for the past three years.

This new system will probably feel a little clunky at first but let's give it a try. I understand that you may be at a loss for what forum to use when more than one (or none) feels like the right one for your message. Give it your best try...
Jesse W.
watson
Portland, ME
Post #: 3
I love the categories!

I will find it much easier to navigate. BTW i'm back online now and jumping in on this forum business. Soooo addictive! more later....
Penelope
user 5846522
Portland, ME
Post #: 119
lisa, last night a the meetup you mentioned to the group something to the effect that you were leaning toward preferring the previous format over the categorized format.

i thought i would like the categorized too but i don't. the previous format was just easier. at a glance you could see the new discussions, views, and replies without opening up a folder. i am not a fan of the limited way the information tallies on the right side which means you must open up a folder to see a specific discussion reply.

A former member
Post #: 223
I voted NO and I do not like the change. I read everything, and I find that the change makes it more difficult to find new posts.
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 660
This is my first chance to get online for a few days due to power outages but I'm grabbing a connection in the old port for a few minutes....

Feedback is leaning about 80% toward going back to the old way, 10% could go either way and 10% prefer the new views. There is a small bit of work to convert back and as soon as I get a clear hour or so this week I will send us back to our previous method.

Thanks for giving it a try. I don't immediately go for every new "feature" that meetup offers and I feel we gave this one a fair evaluation. Ho hum:)

Merry H.
Merrymaker
Portland, ME
Post #: 61
Way to go, Lisa! We appreciate every effort you make to improve the Permaculture Meetup. I'm grateful that we are going back to the old way for the same reasons as Mary. Nonetheless, it was important to try to "streamline" it as we get bigger.

Sorry you had such a prolonged power outage! Were you able to see it as an experiment in living off the grid?

Blessings, Merry