Hello Crafty Campers!
WOOT WOOT Ladies---I have officially reserved the dates for our FOURTH Annual Crafty Camper Art Retreat, December 8th-11th! We have had such a blast in years past and this year promises to be even more awesome! If you have never attended, please take a minute to look over the comments and photos from past retreats. I have been busy considering all of the details of this super fun weekend and I hope that you are as excited as I am to get away and feed your creative soul in the beautiful surroundings of The Aravaipa Canyon. Since this retreat will be right before the Holiday season, we will have projects geared toward gift giving, as well as lots of other artistic fun!
Past retreats have featured soldered broken plate jewelry, art quilts, tile mosaic trays, chandelier crystal bottle toppers, needle felting, card making, beeswax collage, book arts and lots more. I am committed to providing you a fabulous weekend jam packed with great food, great friends, and great art. You will have ample opportunities to sew, knit, solder, bead, fold, mold, paint, collage, and more . There is always 'something for everyone' and with the unique structure of workshops, EVERYONE will be able to participate in EVERYTHING! You won't have to 'pick and choose', which is something that makes these retreats such a great adventure for all.
This year, we will be adding some new and exciting features, including a side trip to a farm where we will meet some adorable Angora goats. We will see the process of how their wool is prepared, then we will take some of the gorgeous yarn back to camp where we will dye it and make a cool knitted project from the yarn. Also, I am working with a few guest teachers to join the fun and share their skills with the group--look for more details as the time comes closer.
PLEASE NOTE: The $100.00 fee listed in the event description is for your non refundable DEPOSIT ONLY.
Here are the details of the cost and what is included:
* $350.00 for 3 nights/4 days (does not include transportation costs, please see * note below)
* Lodging at The Aravaipa Canyon Ranch (shared occupancy-the lodge consists of several large guest rooms with between 3-5 beds in each. Beds will be assigned based on your answers to the pre-retreat questionnaire)
* All meals and beverages from noon Thursday through noon Sunday (10 meals in total plus snacks)
* All supplies and instructions for art projects throughout the weekend (an average of 3 workshops per day)
* Game night, smore's by the campfire, and other fun late night activities
* Plenty of free time to explore the gorgeous Aravaipa canyon and creek
* NEW feature this year--Secret Sister Swap--similar to the whimsy jar swap of last year, which was a blast! I will include details and a Secret Sister Questionnaire in an email when each participant has paid for their retreat spot.
* Super stuffed "Goodie Bags" for each camper (I am asking several local artists and boutiques for goodies this year, so expect the best bags ever!
* I am working on securing a massage therapist to join us. I will post details ASAP so you may schedule an optional massage.
Space is limited, so reserve your spot early! The Retreat is open to the first 15 members** and a $100.00 deposit will be required to reserve your spot. You may make a deposit via PayPal or by check. If you would prefer to make your deposit payment by check, please RSVP 'yes' and then immediately contact me for mailing arrangements and I will hold your spot for 1 week. Deposits are non refundable. The balance of $250.00 must be paid in total no later than November 1st. Once your deposit is received, you will receive an e-mail 'what to bring' list.
If you would prefer to pay the entire amount in one payment and do so by September 1st, I will give you an 'early bird discount' of $30.00, making your total cost $320.00 .
If you have any questions, please contact me and I will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks and I can't wait to get crafty with you all!
*Aravaipa Canyon Ranch is gorgeous, but it is about a 2 1/2 hour drive and getting there does require driving approximately 10 miles of unpaved road and crossing the creek. Because of this, we would like to minimize the number of vehicles that make the trip. If you plan on attending and have an SUV or other higher clearance vehicle and you would be willing to take 3-4 riders, please let me know ASAP. Once we have the final list of attendees and vehicles, we will be arranging carpools to leave the Phoenix area early Thursday morning (December 8th) and head back to town Sunday afternoon (December 11th).
**Attendance at the retreat is limited to members of The Not Your Grandma's Super Hip Chic Craft Club. If you have a friend who would like to attend, please help them through the process of joining meetup.com and becoming a member of the Hip Chics. Aravaipa Canyon Ranch has raised their rates for the first time but rather than increase the cost of retreat, I am bumping the number of participants to 15. I think this will still keep the group small enough to be fun and intimate.