add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo
Lisa C.
Group Organizer
Boston, MA
Post #: 12
I just came across this website while looking for mitten shells (as mine are ripped and melted, too...)

There are lots of patterns there. Could be a good way to get stuff relatively cheap.
Peter B.
user 73902802
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 2
I know everyone was interested in my "puffy pants" or Down pants and jacket that I made. The pattern for the pant are from The Rain Shed pattern #500 PULLOVER RAINPANTS and the jacket is the Whitney Down Jacket Kit from Thru-Hiker,­. I'll try and put together some directions on what I did differently and what I liked and didn't like about the patterns. Mostly on the jacket, the pants are very easy to make. Basically there are only two pieces of fabric, a left and right side with one seam on the inside of the leg. The jacket is a lot more complicated due to the fact that there is the body, arms, neck and zipper and then of course, stuffing it with the down.

Down can be purchased from Thru-Hiker and also from http://www.wilderness...­. I'm looking into other sources, like from the company that made my tent and sleeping back which is­