addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Meatshare Message Board › 100% grass fed lamb source wanted

100% grass fed lamb source wanted

Laura O.
haffpynt
Jamaica, NY
Post #: 272
Hi,

I've been vegetarian since 1994 and officially decided to, TECHNICALLY, end it when I partook
of a bit of Alaskan Wild Salmon this past weekend.

I've decided if I eat just a small bit of it, provided it is always either wild or lower-food-chain or deeper water fish, OR, ONE HUNDRED PERCENT grass ( no grain) fed meats,
from animals that lived a nice, normal, humane free-range life until the end,
then it could be of benefit to me.

As it happens, easter is coming up and I missed all the good Spring Lake Lamb meatups!
Spelling pun intentional! wink

I live in Queens but if anyone, including in Manhattan or Brooklyn can point out
where I might still be able to get a hold of a purely grass-fed leg of lamb or half leg
in time for Easter Sunday, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

I haven't had lamb for Easter in ages! It would bring back memories for me and mom.

Caitlin R.
user 13274865
New York, NY
Post #: 16
Hi Haffpynt!

Good on you for seeking out responsible meat. As I understand it, pretty much all New Zealand lamb is grass-fed and finished. You really only need to be careful when purchasing domestic lamb. (If anyone has conflicting information, please share!)

I usually just purchase NZ lamb at Whole Foods. International Meat Market on 30th Ave. in Astoria sometimes carries NZ, but more often has domestic. You could also try Plaza Meat Market on 31st St. in Astoria.

Hope this helps!

Caitlin