addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 2
During yesterday's discussion the subject of meditation and food was raised and discussed, as was the practice of mindful eating. The following link leads to a talk on mindful eating by Thich Nhat Hanh, a Vietnamese monk, teacher, and author, and my first Buddhist teacher:
http://chetday.com/mindfuleating.htm­

At the end of yesterday's discussion ice cream was mentioned. I wondered aloud whether or not I could eat ice cream mindfully. I was skeptical. On the way home from the Meetup, a bought a small container of Dairy Free Mocha Almond Fudge at the Takoma Park/Silver Spring Co-op. After dinner, I took it out of the freezer, got a spoon, and sat down on my cushion and tried Mocha Almond Fudge meditation. For a little while, I was able to eat it mindfully. But then I felt the sugar begin to rush to my brain, and the mindfulness was gone, replaced by a kind of intoxicated feeling. I was not able to come back to eating the ice cream mindfully, but I did enjoy it nevertheless.