addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Metro Detroit WordPress Meetup Message Board › I'd like to see a Wordpress event like this Joomla event

I'd like to see a Wordpress event like this Joomla event

user 12057596
Huntington Woods, MI
Post #: 5
For the people who plan stuff and give talks (by the way, big thank you to those who do!)... I saw this writeup for an upcoming Joomla event, and it's exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for on Wordpress. Thought I'd share the idea of doing something similar for a future event. (The part about going through the process from scratch, including setting up a functional development environment, is what appealed to me.)

"We are going through a "Back To Basics" series up until April. Here's the rundown:
Building on what we've learned in the Joomla Basics webinar, this meetup will be a "watch, learn and ask questions" walkthrough on how Son (group facilitator) creates a full business website from scratch.
You will be able to watch as Son installs Joomla on his development server, builds the site out, and migrates it over to production. During this meetup, you will receive a DVD (PC/Mac compatible) with everything Son uses to build the website so that you can replicate the work on your own.
This is a true development process on a live production website!
It is exactly the same process used in building the and sites, and is a proven practice of building, developing and deploying.
Join the Joomla! User Group Detroit (Hashtag #JUGDet on Twitter) on January 9th, 2013 when we start teaching the process of building Joomla in a Four Part Meetup Series! It's a great refresher for experienced developers, and an excellent learning opportunity for newcomers.
Jan. 9 - Basic Development and Deployment
Feb (TBA) - Optimizing your Small Business Website
Mar (TBA) - Engaging your Site Visitors
Apr (TBA) - Ecommerce shops and other income tools
Debra S.
Harrison Township, MI
Post #: 8
Thanks for suggestion, Ashley – and you're welcome! We have been thinking about doing a beginner session so this helps us plan going forward. Working on a development server may be a bit of a separate topic that non-beginners could be interested in as well.