align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

milwaukee vegan meetup Message Board › foraging in Milwaukee

foraging in Milwaukee

JP
jpea
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 46
I got some responses from people interested in foraging in Milwaukee. Feel free to email me if you want to come along, and if you have a preferred side of town to check out, I'll try anywhere in the Metro area (e.g. some more pristine areas are Havenwoods on the north side, Doctors Park/Audobon shore on the northeast, south shore on the southeast side, Jacobus/Honeycreek Parkway on the west side, the rails-to-trail starting on Hawley (near Miller Park) heading into the city). We might still find some blackberries, mulberries, huckleberries, should be plenty of wild apples, grapes (I'm thinking of making a Jacobus vintage raw wine this year as they look so plentiful), mushrooms, greens like borage, lambsquarters, sorrels, nettle, thistle, plantain, chicory, docks, cattails, etc etc. Afternoons to early evenings (1-7p) are best (before the mosquitoes come out). JP