addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

milwaukee vegan meetup Message Board › Ethical Pet Stores

Ethical Pet Stores

A former member
Post #: 9
Two weeks ago we got two rats from the Humane Society.
They are the first non-human animals to join our family.
I'm now looking for a local pet store that doesn't sell any animals from breeders.
Are there any in the Milwaukee area?
I've tried finding stuff at hardware stores or other neutral places, but they only have supplies for cats and dogs.
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 17
the natural pet in bay view doesn't sell animals... there's also bark 'n purr outpost in wauwatosa... although i'm not sure off-hand if they carry more than dog and cat stuff.

does animal antics at WHS sell rat goodies?

otherwise i can only think of pet supplies plus in glendale. they have fish, but no other animals aside from some rescue kitties, if i'm remembering correctly.

once you know what you want, i suppose you could always order stuff online...?

good luck, and congratulations on the new ratties!
A former member
Post #: 10
I've been ordering stuff online, but sometimes it's just nice to have a local place to get some little things.
Like now, when the kids want to buy a Christmas present for the rats for instance. Shipping is more expensive then the gifts they have picked out.
I've been going to Pet Supplies, but am a little bit uncomfortable with the fish and reptiles they sell.
But it's a lot better than the pet store I came across on Brown Deer Road. That store was completely filled with ferrets, parrots, birds, rabbits, rats and so many other animals. I couldn't spend my money in a store like that.
I'm going to check the stores that you mentioned. I hadn't heard of them before. I'm so new to pet stores.
I guess not today, with all the white stuff that came down. :)
Thanks Lindsay!