I hope everyone had as much fun as I did yesterday at the meetup. If you were unable to attend we hope to see you at the next one.
While going around the room and introducing ourselves to each other people were asked to say one thing they would like to see as a topic for discussion this year. Daniel also asked me to try and organize February's meetup as well. I thought there is no time like the present to get started. With that said here were the topic suggestions brought up last night. I'm hoping with your help someone will step up and be willing to give a talk on one or two of the topics.
1. Best Practices
2. Building a feature rich application easier and faster
3. Building applications that scale better
4. (Open discussion) What are people doing with php
5. General networking
6. How to upgrade from one php version to another. (suggested php4 to php5)
7. Optimization / scalability
8. Discussions on tools
8. a. Composer (I would be willing to do a talk on this)
8. b. Jenkins
8. c. Others?
9. Discussion on running a large scale production environment.
So there you have it. That was the topics people would like to see covered within the coming months. Would anyone be willing to step up, meet the challenge, and present one of the topics above? Do you have another topic in which you are passionate about? Would you be willing to discuss it next month?