The London Movie Meetup Group Message Board › Later Movie times please!

Later Movie times please!

Adam
hundarhammerhand
London, GB
Post #: 51
All,

I notice that many of the movie slots picked are for quite early showings - from 3-6pm in some cases.

I wonder if we could look to later, more traditional show times such as 7pm onwards? I am often busy at weekends, and so have been unable to attend a lot of films listed that I'd otherwise like to see, and generally prefer to see films in the evening anyway. I wonder if this holds true for anyone else in the meetup?

Adam
Gabriel
gabrieldasilva
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 298
Hi Adam

Yeah this is true for me on weekdays, where I can't get to earlier shows, but the problem with the late shows is that we don't get to spend much, if any time in the pub afterwards!
I'm sure we'll do some late ones again but generally the pub is the most fun part, and we missed out the last couple of times we did lates.
7 would be a good time- I agree its traditional and always what I went to as a kid, but cinema times in general seem to have changed since then- most places seem to show 6-630 then 8-830, or at least the arthouse places do...

Anyway I'm sure we'll do some later ones, all depends on the film!
Adam
hundarhammerhand
London, GB
Post #: 52
Thanks for the reply Gabriel.

Yeah cinema times can be a bit annoying I agree, for instance I think a 7.30 show could sometimes be great at weekends and can be harder to find (though they do exist). No worries, it's just a suggestion to throw into the mix! A point to note however, is that an 8pm show should end around 10pm, leaving us at least an hour of pub time, possibly more depending on the pub hours and people's desire to get home before it gets too spooky out!

Unfortunately it looks like only relatively few members actually read these messages, since at the time of writing I noted that this thread has been read by just 7 (I think) members. So I suppose either it isn't such an issue for others or we'll never know since no-one else has replied. So I'll just have to sit tight until I can attend an earlier show or a later slot comes up. cool

Adam