The London Movie Meetup Group Message Board › Meetup city search: please vote

Meetup city search: please vote

Gabriel
gabrieldasilva
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 308
Hi all

One of the group members has pointed this out: as you may or may not have noticed when searching for meetup groups, meetup does not list many towns and boroughs within London, meaning many people will find it difficult to find meetups in their area. This gets especially silly when you type in something like 'Wimbledon', a sizeable area. Wimbledon in London does not come up, whereas a tiny town of 200 people in the US does. Other towns outside of central London, such as Bromley, do not come up at all.

It is probably quite a quick fix for Meetup to install a new list of place names to its database, but as Meetup is a US-based company, they probably do not realise that this is a problem for people living overseas, as the US postal code system is far more logical and you can use that facility to guess the codes of places you may want to travel to, whereas you can't do that in other countries.

Please vote at the link below to ask Meetup to change this system; I'm sure it will drive more London based people to this and other groups, and that it will help all of us find other meetups in our local areas:
http://meetup.uservoice.com/forums/37079-ideas-and-suggestions-for-meetup/suggestions/949567-london-england-locations-badly-needed­

Thanks!
A former member
Post #: 10
My meetup entry identifies events within variable distances from where I live, Barnet, North London.
I put in "10 miles" and that brings up a multitude of meetups within the Greater London area, so I have no problem with the existing set-up. Put in whatever you're comfirtable with; 5 miles, 15, 20? Then whittle it down.