Please note the following adjustment to the Organizers Team requirements:
* You must be available to host 1-2 movie events per month. We are looking for consistent and active moviegoers to join the team. If you only attend movies about once a month or less, this is not the right role for you.
I have received several notes of concern regarding my initial requirement of hosting 2 events per month. Looking at our event Calendar over the past couple of months, we have not had a high number of group events. As of right now, there are only 3 events total on the Calendar between March and Memorial Day Weekend. As a result, we have lost many of our group members.
We can't keep current members or add new ones if we do not have any group events - plain and simple. That is why I specifically asked for members who include moviegoing as a regular part of their social life to join the team. Those individuals would be more apt and inclined to keep our activities flowing. If you are one of those individuals, then my request to host 1-2 events a month shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.
Besides, we don't want to be members of a movie club that never has any events, right?
Chris U - Organizer
Orange County Movie Fanatics
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
From: Chris Utley <[address removed]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar[masked]:01:12
Subject: [movies-329] Assistant Organizers Wanted
Ladies & Gents, we are now resuming our search for Assistant Organizers to join the SCMF team. Some of our current Organizers Team members are unable to host events for the group at this time - which explains why our Event Calendar looks so empty. In addition, as we approach the summer 2008 movie season, the flicks will be dropping like flies - we're talking 3-5 new movies per weekend. So we'll definitely need some help.
We need folks to help us with events in all areas of the OC including:
* You must be available to host at least 2 movie events per month. We are looking for consistent and active moviegoers to join the team. If you only attend movies about once a month or less, this is not the right role for you.
* You must be familiar with the different movie theatres in the area in which you live. In addition, you must be comfortable with being the first to arrive at the theatre for your events and holding up the group's Meetup sign so new & current members can find you.
* You must be a people person. This role involves lots of Q&A from new and current members via email or phone as well as planning of pre & post-movie activities for group members.
* You must be comfortable using computers.
Email me if you're interested and I'll forward you our Organizers Guide. There's a bit of work involved, but the end results are truly rewarding.
Chris U. - Organizer
Orange County Movie Fanatics
This message was sent by Chris Utley ([address removed]) from Orange County Movie Fans <http://movies.mee...; .
To learn more about Chris Utley, visit his/her member profile <http://movies.mee...;
To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here <http://www.meetup...;
Meetup.com Customer Service: [address removed]
632 Broadway New York NY 10012 USA