Orange County Movie Fans Message Board › NO HOST CLARIFICATION

NO HOST CLARIFICATION

Melissa
user 3359538
Anaheim, CA
Post #: 61
The meaning of NO HOST EVENT seems to be misinterpreted by many. I wanted to clarify the meaning so there is no misunderstanding.

That means there is no one there to save you a spot. If you happen to see a fellow meetup member do not assume he/she is saving a spot for you, unless you have been previously invited to do so. The purpose of putting a no host on the events is to let everyone know they are on their own. Some of the organizers are kindly posting these free events for your INFORMATION ONLY and for you to take responsibility.

Also, in regards to the free movie screenings DO NOT mention meetup, the studio has no idea what you are talking about. Nor do they know who Kimberly or Melissa are. So for you to go around mentioning our group and asking for our organizers and asst. organizers all you're doing is calling unwanted attention to us.

I, personally, am being watched by the studios and have been told several times not to save places in line for other people. This is the main reason I had to start making these free screenings a no host event. Please don't assume you can get in line with me just because you know me. We need to make prior arrangements and you need to get there early.

I hope this clears things up. I do enjoy going to the movies with everyone and sharing all the free screenings.

Please pass this on to your fellow members who do not read messages.

Thanks,
Melissa