To save event coordinators time, instead of posting the same details in each Home event, we'll detail them in this sticky post (we'll link to this discussion in the event descriptions). We'll keep this post up to date in case anything changes.General guidelines for all Home events:
Guidelines for Dan's place
- For privacy reasons, the address listings are generally fake. We will provide the actual addresses, directions, and any other location specific details to confirmed yes or wait list attendees a few days before the event. Be sure you can receive email from Meetup so you don't miss this important communication.
- The films will generally start ~30 min. after the scheduled start time for the event. This is to give folks time to chat and settle in. Please no early birds, we like to have time to tidy up before people arrive.
- Please keep comments and conversation to an absolute minimum during the movie. We will have time before and after the movie to chat. we don't want people to feel like they're strictly forbidden from making any utterances whatsoever for the whole 2 hours, but we do ask that you please be mindful of your fellow viewers and of the hosts' hard work and time put into these events. Thank you for understanding.
- Feel free to bring munchies and/or drinks for yourself and/or to share, but do not feel obligated to do so.
- MOST IMPORTANT: Be sure to keep your RSVP's up to date. Our living rooms have limited capacity, so we have a "No Show Policy" for Home events. First offense will be given a pass, but after a second offense, you will be barred from future home events. We want to make sure as many people as possible can attend. Meetup has a help page for Changing your RSVP if you can't find the right place to do that. Leaving a comment on the event page saying "sorry but I can't make it" is NOT enough. Emailing the host separately is NOT enough. Texting or even calling the host...well, you get the point ;) But seriously, if you do not change your RSVP to a no and do not actually attend the event, you will be considered a no show, no exceptions. This may sound strict but trust us, there were numerous offenses last year and it's very frustrating after putting all the work and time into this when people do not use the site as instructed. It's just not fair to the people who get left out. Thanks for understanding!
- If an event is full, please join the waitlist and mark your calendars as plans can change and folks may back out at the last minute.
- Any event specific exceptions to the above will be detailed in the event listing.
Guidelines for Chris & Alyssa's:
- Millbury - just off routes 146, 90, and 20 - actual address and contact info will be disclosed in a private email to the members who sign up.
I have one cat, a male shorthair (but he sheds). He's friendly buy shy, so he'll probably hide most the time.
- Worcester - near Indian Lake and Greendale Mall. Actual address and contact info will be disclosed in a private email to the members who sign up.
- This is generally a shoes-off apartment (though we can certainly make exceptions as needed). Feel free to bring slippers or indoor shoes if it makes you more comfortable.
- We have two parakeets, in case anyone's allergic. They are in the entrance room, not the movie room.
- I'll usually start at a little lower than full capacity, but if some folks are willing to take a less comfortable seat and sit on beanbags on the floor, I can bump the limit for that event by 1-2 (my wife and I will usually take these first)
For anything not covered on theses lists, feel free to comment on this post, or if it's urgent (we may not notice a new post here right away), contact Dan
Edited by Dan on Oct 28, 2013 9:48 AM