addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Sacramento At The Movies Group Message Board › Oscar nominees - in theatres, DVD, and streaming!

Oscar nominees - in theatres, DVD, and streaming!

Chip
user 6712279
Fair Oaks, CA
Post #: 73
I want to share a web site I've found that lists the Oscar nominated films and tells you if they're playing near you, streaming, or available on DVD. It also includes links to Roger Ebert's reviews, if available, and lets you set up notifications. Awesome!

Roger Ebert's Guide to Watching the 2012 Oscar Films on GoWatchIt*

Don't forget that the Oscar-nominated Live Action and Animated Shorts are playing at the Crest through Thursday this week, and then the Documentary Shorts will be shown in two parts this Saturday and Sunday, Feb 16th and 17th, in the afternoon, with a special price for both showings. We have meetups scheduled for the Documentary Programs A & B on Saturday, but if you can't make either or both of those, you can always see them again on Sunday.

* Note that you'll need to either set up an account on GoWatchIt (give them your email address and create a password) or log in using your Facebook account if you have one. This makes sense - otherwise, how can they send yu notifications. But I have to say, I'm a little leery of places that want access to your Facebook account, knowing that there are some sites out there that can really abuse your privacy. I suspect that these guys are probably okay, but I created my own account on GoWatchIt anyway. It's up to you.