Mpls Intermediate Pickup VB Pages
About Mpls Intermediate Pickup VB
- This group is about getting intermediate (i.e., "B" level (or maybe "C" level, depending on who you ask)) volleyball players together to play pick up games
- This group is not intended for beginner / recreational players
- The play is competitive, but not necessarily always at an "advanced" level (i.e., it's intermediate)
- Games are co-ed
- Games are competitive, but supportive
- Three-hit (bump-set-spike) play is expected
- Other than for exceptions, the first hit should go to the setter (i.e., not over the net)
- Other than for exceptions, the second hit should be set to a hitter (i.e., not hit over the net)
- Games, especially in the sand, are often 3-on-3 or 4-on-4, but we do also play 2's and sometimes 5's, or 6's
- We will often have a portable net system with us, in case our intended court is in use, or if we choose to play on more than one court.
- In the event of rain, there may be possibilities to play wallyball as a fall-back option, for those interested
- A group goal is to get several weekly games going
- A group goal is to make use of polls to get member's ideas, opinions and availability for days/times/places to play
- In summary: we should all have a general agreement on the 3-hit approach, we should all try our best, and we should encourage each other, help each other get better, and have fun!
For more details on what "intermediate" play is, see What Do We Mean By 'Intermediate'?