align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Minneapolis/St. Paul Pathfinder Society Message Board Minneapolis/St. Paul Pathfinder Society Discussion Forum › MSP PFS Memo: Calculating APL for Season 4 & High Level Play at FFG

MSP PFS Memo: Calculating APL for Season 4 & High Level Play at FFG

Andy C.
user 16372461
Minneapolis, MN
Greetings Minnesota Pathfinder members!

As an update I wanted to cover two things:

1) When running a season 4 scenario, do not add the +1 when calculating APL if you have 6 or 7 characters. Season 4 scenarios are scaled for 6 characters and could be extremely deadly if a group is playing up, especially if the only reason they are playing up is because of adding the +1. The season 4 scenarios do have sidebars that give guidelines for scaling the adventure to 4 characters.

2) Tentatively, pending resolution of a new Venture-Captain after October 19th (the date that Ryan is retiring as Venture-Captain), I will be taking over the duties of running the bi-monthly Sunday's at Fantasy Flight Games Event Center.  I will be changing these two Sundays every month to high level play. This means mostly tier 5-9 or 7-11, but may include a 3-7 at the 6-7 sub-tier. I hope offering a high level game day, that this will satisfy the need for high level play in our region.

If a table of players with lower level characters can get together at least 4 for a lower level table, I will certainly accommodate any requests if I have enough GM assistance. Otherwise, Jon Lamkin at The Source, Sven at Tower Games, Dave at FFGEC on Thursdays, and the double header I run at Village Games once a month all have a plethora of lower level play throughout the month.

Thanks,

Andy Christian
Chris D
user 18469081
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 4
That's kind of a bummer. FFG is by far the best gaming venue in terms of cleanliness, gender specific bathrooms, room to breathe, etc. The Source and Tower are much better than they used to be, but FFG is head and shoulders above the rest and is much preferred by the women in the house. It would be nice if there were some way to keep it open as a low-level campaign option for new players and/or female gamers who aren't fond of the classical male-dominated game store environment. Just my two cents.
Andy C.
user 16372461
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 84
Chris, if you and your family would like to come out for some gaming, let me know at least a week in advance and we can make sure we have a low level table for you. But just so you know, with it being football season, and with the Thursday night game, we have been struggling to get two tables. Even low level, on Sundays.