Minneapolis/St. Paul Pathfinder Society Message Board Minneapolis/St. Paul Pathfinder Society Discussion Forum › BerserkCon in Duluth, MN (May 24 - 27, 2013)

BerserkCon in Duluth, MN (May 24 - 27, 2013)

Ryan C. B.
user 55122702
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 7
Hello everyone,

Now that its fairly certain to happen, I want to put the call out to everyone about BerserkCon! BerserkCon is a new convention opening its doors this year in Duluth, Minnesota, over the weekend of Memorial Day (May 24-27, 2013) and they're looking for our help. They have graciously invited Pathfinder Society to come and have space at their convention. We plan to accept.

Right now, the process is building up funding. If you're interested in checking out their plan, the venue, or the offerings the convention can be reached on their Facebook page. They have also run a Kickstarter that is nearing its goal. I encourage you all to check it out and if you're interested in a convention in the Duluth/Superior area, to donate.

If we're going to have a PFS presence at BerserkCon, we're going to need GMs. If you're interested in attending, think about volunteering at least one slot of the convention to help us support our northern gamers. I don't expect anyone to do a seven slot Iron Man event, but if you can come up, run a couple, play a couple, and meet some new folks while seeing a beautiful city in your down time that sounds pretty awesome.

Good Gaming,
Ryan B.
Sven
Barrel_Rider
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 130
Darn, I just realized I have a tournament that weekend in Ohio.

Small chance I'm not going. As soon as I know I'll contact you. I'd really like to help GM at this.
Robert Edwin N.
RobertENies
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
I just requested Friday the 24th, and as many do, have Memorial Day off.

How many slots are we looking at over a 4 day convention? I don't have any stars, but I'm willing to GM some tables for you.
Charles S.
user 41705342
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 3
Ryan,

I am interested in this but would like to know where I would get tickets and what slots there will be available for the weekend as well as where the Con will be taking place to consider staying up for the entire weekend and making it a mini vacation and gaming fest!
Michael M.
user 50981912
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 9
I may be volunteering to bring Con of the North stuff up there, so I'd be available to GM.

Most of their information (as of this writing) is on their Kickstarter and Facebook pages. The convention proper is at the DECC in Duluth. The cost of a weekend badge is $50 in the Kickstarter.
Ray A.
user 16627941
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 8
I'm just a few more diplomacy checks vs. girlfriend away from doing a gaming/ vacation weekend. I'd be up for running a few sessions.
jon d.
user 38495792
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 44
I'm just a few more diplomacy checks vs. girlfriend away from doing a gaming/ vacation weekend. I'd be up for running a few sessions.

Can I attempt to aid another? Does she like brownies? Lasagna? Would it help if I just showed up on yer doorstep with a pan of the above?
Gary S.
user 75703212
Minneapolis, MN
I am planning on coming up and running a few games
Jack B.
Silbeg
Osseo, MN
This is Memorial Day weekend? Was trying sell this to my wife... going up to just GM PFS stuff... however, neither of us realized which weekend it is.

Well, I am still going to try and sell it... how soon do you need to know for sure, Ryan?
Cory G.
user 53055182
Eau Claire, WI
Unless something has changed, it is only through the 26th. As my wife will have a booth, I will be there. Of course I don't know how much time I will have for games. I will definitely be making time for some.