Okay everyone, we're still on track to resume large-scale Meetup screenings starting in September, but before then, I still have time to squeeze in one last micro-size Rifftrax. Better make it a good one.
And by good, I of course mean jaw-droppingly horrible. Honestly, I've heard "The Braniac" described as "Mexico's 'Plan 9,'" just to give you an idea. But don't take my word for it. Watch the sample for yourself:
One final time, I'm hosting the meetup in my absurdly tiny apartment in the Lower East Side, although thanks to my new pop-up sofa, I should be able to bump up the seating limit to 15. Please note: due to scheduling constraints, the screening is on a Sunday afternoon instead of its usual Saturday. I will continue to provide snacks, drinks and pizza. For the newcomers, I should mention that there are some drawbacks to these micro-meetups.
- First of all, it's in the Lower East Side of Manhattan (Delancey Station on the F line). This may be more convenient for some, less convenient for others.
- The apartment is very, very tiny. It's like watching movies in a subway car. We can accommodate about 15 people or so.
- The apartment is on the fifth floor, with no elevators. I repeat: you will need to walk up five flights of stairs to attend this meetup.
- There is a cat in the apartment. Sure, it's a friendly cat, but some of you may be allergic to cat hair, so there's that.
- Finally, the screening will have to be in the early afternoon, instead of at night. So it'll be lunch pizza instead of dinner pizza.
If you have any questions, please let me know. I'll try to keep the door propped open, but if someone closes it, just call or text me at[masked] and I'll be there to let you in. See you on Sunday!