align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Chicago WordPress Meetup Group Message Board › Please Provide Feedback on Live Blogging Presentation

Please Provide Feedback on Live Blogging Presentation

Marcie
msmarcie
Chicago, IL
Post #: 12
Hi All:

If you attended the Wordpress Expo this weekend and had the opportunity to view the Live Blog 101 presentation, please provide feedback. This will greatly help with future presentations.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hello, we arrived around 1 pm, but we were both really surprised the main conference area was what appeared to be a very dark warehouse. We couldn't follow what was going on, and the pauses during the presentation were so long we felt rather uncomfortable. No desks for us either, just office chairs. It didn't even appear from the agenda that anything would be going on at the time for whatever other rooms were reserved. And on top of that, there wasn't anyone around in the actual expo area that was WordPress related. So after just a half hour of being there, we left.

Speaking very honestly, this was probably the worst experience I've ever had with my expectations for a business event. (And we did attend the WordCamp in Chicago, which we thought was very well done.) What I can say as a positive was that at least everyone was courteous and friendly.

I don't know, maybe I read the information wrong? I know some people say they wanted to see an advance agenda, but it seemed even with that it wouldn't have measured up to expectations.

I do apologize for coming off as abrasive. I'm just trying to be honest with our experience in the hopes that this can be improved next time. If other people had a different experience from ours, I welcome their comments.