Announcing a new Meetup for NAAAP Philadelphia - Natl Assoc Asian American Professionals!
What: 9/8/09, Tues -- NAAAP Non Profit Relations Kick-Off Meeting
When: September 8,[masked]:00 PM
Lee How Fook, back room
219 N 11th St, Philadelphia, PA Corner of 11th and Spring Streets in Chinatown
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Non Profit Relations Kick-Off Meeting
Are you looking for opportunities to enhance your resume during times of recession? Give back to the local community? Develop skills in leadership, project management, event planning, volunteer organizing, marketing, etc. via avenues that may not be available at your day job? NAAAP Philadelphia's Non Profit Relations unit is one place where you can do all three simultaneously!
Come to the Non Profit Relations Kick-off Meeting on Tuesday, September 8th and hear about opportunities to enhance your career while simultaneously contributing to the greater good of your local community. At the meeting, you'll be introduced to the mission and vision of the Non Profit Relations unit of NAAAP Philadelphia. You'll be briefed on upcoming events/programs and have a chance to brainstorm new events/programs. You'll hear about current open positions within the Non Profit Relations unit, as well as additional opportunities to get involved in various short and long term capacities over the course of the next year (see below for additional details regarding participation benefits and open positions). Last but certainly not least, you will not want to miss the chance to eat authentic Cantonese food and network with individuals who are passionate about leadership development and service to the greater Philadelphia community!
Benefits of joining the Non Profit Relations unit:
* Develop skills in leadership, project management, event planning, volunteer organizing, marketing, corporate sponsorship, business development, and more
* Network with professionals who work in the Non Profit and Public sectors
* Network with professionals in the private sector who are highly involved with Nonprofit organizations in a philanthropic/board governance/volunteer capacity
* Obtain a reference or recommendation from NAAAP Philadelphia's AVP of Non Profit Relations (performance dependent)
* Connect with others who are passionate about leadership development and community service
* Director of Professional Development (creates professional development oriented events and/or programs)
* Marketing Manager (develops event/program publicity materials, oversees overall marketing strategy for unit)
* Account Manager (leads business development with non profit organizational partners - multiple roles)
More details to be provided to attendees. It is highly recommended that you bring your business cards to the meeting.
Questions? Unable to make the meeting but still want to get involved with the Non Profit Relations unit? Email [address removed] Otherwise, we look forward to seeing you at 7pm on Tuesday, September 8th!
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/naaapphilly/calendar/11280090/