July 16, 2013 · 7:00 PM
Affinity Lab U Street
Join us for a dialogue around real estate 2.0 or 3.0 depending on how you see it. The days of traditional real estate are over.
Websites like Redfin, Zillow, Trulia, Urban Turf, The Cribline, and Popville are changing how people search for homes and look for communities they want to live in. They find out about listings instantly via an app on their phone or emails from their favorite real estate search engine.
DC neighborhoods are also changing fast. People debate about gentrification, walkable communities, affordable housing, and other hot button real estate topics.
Join us for a lively panel discussion about real estate 2.0, leveraging online tools and creating community with:
- Eric Wohlschlegel, Founder & Blogger, The Cribline
- John Downs, Loan Consultant, Caliber Funding
- Tom Lewis, DC Area Manager, Redfin
- Will Smith, Publisher & Co-founder, UrbanTurf
- Roshani Kothari, Real Estate Agent, GreenLine Real Estate, LLC
Here are some of the questions we will be discussing.
1. What are the new hot neighborhoods in DC?
2. How do you figure out if it's better for you to rent or buy?
3. What are some online tools you can use to help with your home buying or selling process?
4. How can a real estate agent help you in the homebuying or selling process?
5. How can you prepare yourself financially to buy?
6. How can you leverage blogs, websites and email lists to get to know different neighborhoods, and contribute to the community?
7. What programs are out there to help homebuyers?
8. If you are getting ready to sell, which upgrades should you invest in and which should you skip?
9. How can you make your home and community greener?
10. What are some free and low-cost programs for homeowners, including getting rain barrels, energy audits, and more?
NetSquared DC is a vibrant local community thriving at the intersection of social change and technology. We’re part of a global NetSquared movement that focuses on the exponential impact we can have when we combine our hunger for change with powerful new technologies.
We’re proud to be one of the largest and longest-running NetSquared groups around, and thank our amazing members who come out in force each month to share what they’ve learned and get to know each other better.
You can make sure you’re the first to hear about upcoming events by joining our Meetup. We usually meet at 7pm on the third Tuesday of each month at the Affinity Lab on U Street NW, DC’s greatest entrepreneurial launch space.
A full archive of our past events is available here on our Meetup page at http://www.meetup.com/net2dc.