Silicon Valley Solar Power (SVSP) Message Board › New Organizer(s)

New Organizer(s)

David Alan F.
user 6803399
Group Organizer
Palo Alto, CA
Well, I clicked on the "Learn More" about being the new Organizer, and instantly found out that I was "IT." My friend Mark alerted me to the potential "demise" of the group, and asked if we should "rescue" it. So that's all history... NOW WHAT?? I'm sending this introductory message to the group to ask the members here for some input in the way SVSP has been run/handled, where (if anywhere) you've held Meetup events to date. I'm in Palo Alto, so I'll have to learn where everyone else is and get consensus. Tell me what you did and didn't like. --------- One of the reasons I stepped up is that I'm in the solar industry as GM of Renewables West, solar and renewable energy tech supplier and purveyor of mobile solar power generators (designed to replace diesel generators). I wonder if that creates a conflict of interest? You tell me, candidly please. If someone else would like to assist as organizer, please let me know. If someone else wanted to lead the group, but just didn't speak up in time (6 days left!?), let me know. I'm completely open to suggestions and ideas. Also, I currently lead the Group490 Meetup, and that group meets in Menlo Park... the venue is Silicon Valley Pad, and they may let us use there space for a monthly Meetup... the limit in their biggest conference room is 30 people, so tell me what your average event size has been. Please especially let's hear from those members who have attended many of the SVSP meetings, and let me know how they went. Here we go!...