Free & Cheap Culture & Night Life Message Board › Meetup details changed: Huge Halloween Party-*Heroes & Villains!*

Meetup details changed: Huge Halloween Party-*Heroes & Villains!*

Tony
TonyFunkyDancer
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com...­

When: Saturday, October 30, 2010 9:30 PM

Where: Nick's Uptown
4015 N Sheridan Rd
Chicago, IL 60613
(773) 975-1155

We've finally secured a venue. We'll be taking over the ENTIRE bar at Nick's Uptown, which is terrific, because it's enormous. There's a back bar with pool tables, foosball, and even a shuffleboard, and the front bar we'll have reserved for dancing and mingling as well. It'll be terrific.

The theme for this extravaganza is "Heroes and Villains". And please, take that however you like- the more creative, the better. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

I'll post some more details here if anything needs to be updated, but here's the scoop on the party:

Things get started at 9:30, and the drink packages kick in at 10. I'll post the entire details of the drink package when I hear back from the owner, but we've got a great deal. For $30, you get three hours of drinks, and this includes all the bottle and draft beer, wine, and CALL drinks. This is the best package we've been able to find anywhere. And, if you aren't feeling like doing a drink package, you are not at all obliged to do one (also the best deal we've found). So, we've got a good thing going here.

I'm trying to see if we can get the pool tables and such all free for the night, and we'll have dancing and such going out front. We might do a fun little dance/costume contest for some cheesy prizes, but that's not 100% just yet.

Anyhow, quick notes on Nicks- it's literally right off the Sheridan Red Line, so it's very easy to get to. Just make a left out of the station, and it's just north of Irving Park, on the right (east) side of the street. Cabs are also plentiful in that area, in case you're looking for one after the party. And Nicks is a 5 AM bar, so we'll have plenty of time to party.

See you all there, and please feel free to bring friends, post this up on your facebook, whatever you like. The more, the merrier!

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Maybe" as well as "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through the "Contact Organizer" link on Meetup: http://www.meetup.com...­