addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NJ Mobile Meetup Message Board NJ Mobile Meetup › CrisisCommons - connecting people, tools and resources to support crisis res

CrisisCommons - connecting people, tools and resources to support crisis response

Ben B.
user 31042192
New Brunswick, NJ
Post #: 4
In light of Hurricane Sandy, I first just wanted to alert everyone to this tech resource.

http://crisiscommons....­

Second, I wanted to put out there the suggestion that the next NJ Mobile Meetup become a CrisisCamp (or something along those lines).

I am posting this message to several local tech meetups. I used to work with John Fleming at MISI Company but have only been able to attend 1 NJ Mobile Meetup due to a busy schedule.

Remember that even once power is restored, roadways are cleared, and gas stations and grocery stores are restocked, the impact of Sandy will continue for many thousands (10,000? 100,000?) of people in NJ and the surrounding area. There must be some way technology can make a contribution to the effort.