|Sent on:||Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:24 PM|
Going to be sending some updates about the group in the next week or so. I got a little behind the curve, so we won't have a January meeting, but I'm working on at least one February meeting and we've already got the "third Wednesday" meeting speaker confirmed. As I occasionally send out jobs with the [JOB] subject prefix so you can kill them with mail rules if uninterested, I just got told about what looks like an interesting node.js contract gig (I've done no due diligence, so contractor beware!)
When I ask people, on balance they like to get these occasional emails as it's the chance to get jobs/contracts working with node which is something some members are still looking for. I don't charge or get fees in any way, it's just FYI and you should absolutely add a [contract] subject line mail rule if you don't want to see these.
All that said, if you're horribly offended, reply and let me know. If I get a big negative response I'll stop these. Equally if you like getting them feel free to respond and let me know so I get both sides of the argument.
Looking for NodeJS Full Stack Freelancer - Fun and Challenging Project
Memecube was conceived to empower and reward conference attendees for communicating instantaneously over Twitter. In the app, posting to Twitter occurs in real time, using universal HTML5 technologies, and updates the screens of everyone else connected immediately when Tweets and ReTweets occur.
You will be building the 2.0 version of Memecube with some fixes and some additional features.
- MongoDB / Redis
- Twitter Bootstrap
- Twitter API
- Third Party Gamification Platform - Badgeville API
- Has built multiple full stack applications in Node JS
- Has been working with Node JS for at least one year
- Has worked with MongoDB
- Has good design sensibilities
- Original Developer is very close by who can mentor you through it
- This app really does things nobody has done before - definitely cutting edge and has the element of fun
- This is an app that will have real users
- The app was already deployed last June at a 600 person conference and used by 50%
What we need developer to do
- Bring up to date from Node v0.6.14 to latest v0.8
- Bring up to date from Express 2 to Express 3
- Build additional features on top of a v1.0 version
- Work on stability of application
- Improve logging in the app
- This is roughly[masked] hours of work
Employer: Dopamine Inc. is a New York based creative agency focused on fun, innovative, gamified campaigns for employees, brands, and consumers. http://dopa.mn
We'd love to hear about your secret talents, areas of expertise, time availability, and desired hourly rate. Send it along with your contact information to [address removed]
and we would be delighted to have a coffee or a beer to chat about bringing more fun into the world.