|Sent on:||Tuesday, November 3, 2009 1:45 PM|
KIPP, the Knowledge Is Power
Program, is a network of 82 college-preparatory charter schools serving more
than 20,000 students in under-resourced communities throughout the
KIPP Academy Lynn (KAL) is a charter
middle school serving the culturally diverse urban population of
To meet the needs of
KIPP’s "No Shortcuts, No Excuses" approach informs all that we do at KIPP Academy Lynn, and we seek candidates with an ethic of excellence and positive energy.
KIPP Academy Lynn is seeking a strategic and passionate Director of Development to drive all fundraising efforts needed to reach aggressive growth and expansion plans. Reporting directly to the school founder and Principal and working closely with the Board of Directors, the Director of Development will develop and execute against a strategic and diversified development plan, creating, building upon and securing significant relationships with high potential donors and stakeholders. Bringing a strong alignment with the mission and values of KAL, the Director of Development will thrive in an entrepreneurial and outcome-driven environment, be flexible to changing needs and contribute strategically to the overall mission.
· Develop and implement a comprehensive, innovative fundraising plan including prospect research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship development for short and long term fundraising campaigns
· Oversee the development and execution of a long term capital campaign to support the expansion of KAL
· Evaluate the marketing and communications efforts and oversee the development of high-quality, effective and consistent branding materials
· Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with existing and prospective corporate, foundation, and individual funding sources
· Oversee the preparation of the high-quality proposals, grants, reports, mailings, and acknowledgements required to support ongoing fundraising activities
· Oversee a donor relations/fundraising data system that ensures appropriate and timely coding and acknowledgement of donors and reporting for all stakeholders
· Build a manage a high functioning development department; provide engaging professional development opportunities for all direct reports
· At least five years of fundraising experience, including significant success with major gifts, corporations, foundations and government sources; Capital campaign experience is preferred
· Experience working with nonprofit and/or educational organizations and holding fiscal responsibilities; proven track record of maintaining fiscal integrity and budget compliance
· Comprehensive experience tracking projections and producing reports utilizing Microsoft Excel and/or a sophisticated fundraising database
· Experience building and managing a high functioning development department
· Strategic and analytical combined with a flexible and entrepreneurial spirit; ability to adapt to the quickly changing needs and priorities of KIPP Academy Lynn
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences
· Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision and values of KIPP Academy Lynn; comfort and willingness to actively participate in the school community
· Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required; Masters degree preferred
To Apply: Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format and addressed to Josh Zoia, at http://jobs.cgcareers.org/application.aspx?id=1470 . Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Uncommon talent working for the common good
Stay Connected! Join the Commongood Careers groups on Facebook and .