The North Dallas Screenwriting Group Message Board › La Madeleine French Bakery and Cafe at 1329 W Campbell Rd, Richardson, TX NO

La Madeleine French Bakery and Cafe at 1329 W Campbell Rd, Richardson, TX NO ONE THERE

A former member
Post #: 1
So, I just got home and to say I'm severly dissapointed and frustrated would be an understatement. I'm very confused and baffled why I couldn't find the group at La Madeleine French Bakery and Cafe at 1329 W Campbell Rd, Richardson, TX. Is it Monday? Yes, check. Is it July 29, 2013? Yes, check. Was the group at the long table by the front window? No.

It took me about an hour to get to the place and I was very excited and pumped to meet everyone and join the group. I'm just in utter shock...I don't understand how this could be called a "business meeting" yet if it was canceled, rescheduled, or relocated....why in the world was there no notification??........

I asked two workers there if they had seen the group or knew of the groups whereabouts. One woman told me the group usually meets there, but she hadn't seen anyone. Another worker said he hadn't heard about any such group. That left me to wander around the place asking random groups of customers if they were the meetup group. A bit awkward ;) Still no luck. Asked a group of women at the long table in front....they told me the group was in the back, yet there was no one in the back except one guy which told me he never heard of the group.

I just moved here 3 weeks ago and was really excited to find a group for screenwriters. I also looked up this 'Jacob Krueger's' website and saw the Costa Rica summer workshop. Looked very interesting.

Anyways, I just don't understand how come there was no notification to let me know what happened. I also commented earlier when i was at the cafe and still no one commented. I'm seriously confused how this could be called a 'business meeting'. Professionally speaking, this is very unprofessional and casually speaking, this is very rude.

To sum up this post, I just want to ask, "Where the fuck was everyone???"
Cynthia
SeaKeyTon
Dallas, TX
Post #: 9
We were there. When I arrived, the table by the window was already taken. I told the women people may be asking about a screenwriter's group and to let them know we were in the back. We sat behind the fireplace which was the only other spot where we could put three tables together. There were three of us there. We waited for twenty minutes or so before we started but no one else showed so we went ahead.

Cynthia